°„Kazato Research Encouragement Prize°š
Nomination is open to Japanese citizens and foreign scientists conducting research at Japanese research institutions.
The Kazato Research Encouragement Prize is awarded to young researchers with high potential and substantial achievements, who offer excellent proposals for research and development of electron microscopes and related instruments or research using these instruments (medical science, biology, physics, chemistry, materials science, nanotechnology, and others).
1. Regulations of Application
|Application qualifications||Open to researchers up to age 35 (as of the application deadline). Past recipients of this Prize are not eligible.|
|Number of Prizes
and research grants
|Prizes will be presented to up to 2 persons (one is a materials scientist and the other is a biological scientist) with a research grant of 3,000,000 yen to individuals. To be determined based on the selection results by the Selection Committee.|
|Application deadline||Must arrive by mid-December (every year).|
|Selection results||Scheduled to notify applicants in early February (every year).|
|Award ceremony||Scheduled to be held in late-February (every year).|
2. Research Grants
Total of 6,000,000 yen
3. Required Documents
Applicants are requested to send the following materials by registered mail. (Application materials will not be returned.)
- Kazato Research Encouragement Prize application form
- 8 reprints of each of the 3 most important study papers. 7 of the reprints can be copies (provide photos of the same quality as the original).
4. Study papers supported by this grant should mention the prize of the Kazato Research Foundation in the Acknowledgements.
5. Recipients of this award are asked to provide accounting reports on the research expenses as well as the research results by the specified period.
Last Update: Jul. 26, 2013